Privacy and Cookies
Personal data that I collect from you
- Personal information that you provide about you, such as your name, email address, and telephone number, whenever you complete forms on the website, contact me for any reason and by any medium, share information via the website's social media functions, enter a competition, complete a survey or report a problem with the website.
- I may retain a record of any contact you make with me.
Information that will be collected automatically
Some non-personal information is collected automatically during your visit to this website. This information cannot identify you personally, but helps me to understand how visitors use the website so I can improve my service. Non-personal information I collect during your visit includes:
- Device information: I may also collect information about your device each time you use the website. For example, I may collect information on the type of mobile device that you are using, the type of browser and operating system that you are using.
- My website hosting server collects information about visitors to the website, for example the number of users viewing pages on the site, the IP address and time and date of visits to the website.
How your personal data will be used
I will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- provide you with access to my website and to supply the goods, services or information you have requested;
- enable me to bill you and to contact you where necessary concerning your orders;
- to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the website or our services;
- marketing: I may use your information to let you know via email about other products and services I offer which may be of interest to you. See the 'Marketing' section below for further details.
What is my lawful basis or ground for using your personal data?
- Contract: for me to provide the goods and services I have agreed to provide to you;
- Consent: where you have given me your clear consent to use your data for a specific purpose. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any point and more details can found in the 'Your Consent and Rights of Access' section below;
- Legal obligation: for me to comply with the law;
- Legitimate interest: where necessary for my interests or the interest of a third party, but only after carefully considering any effect this may have on you, and in particular your rights and freedoms.
I may occasionally email you with information regarding new products, updates, news or promotions. Should you no longer wish to receive this information, you may contact me to request a removal from my mailing list.
Disclosure of your personal data
Information, personal or otherwise, is never sold or made available to third parties for any purpose, except when I am obliged to do so by the government or third parties under certain circumstances. There is always the possibility that third parties may circumvent my security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications.
Keeping your data secure
I will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- paper documents are stored in a locked drawer;
- email: I use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt and protect email traffic. If your email service does not support TLS, you should be aware that any emails I send or receive may not be protected in transit.
While I will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason I cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact me.
Transfers of data out of the EEA
Where I use data servers that may transfer data out of the EEA I will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach.
All information you provide to me is stored with secure data processors for the purposes of storing your data, accounting purposes and social media purposes for example.
Please note that I review all processors I utilise and ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal data, such as adherence to binding corporate rules or compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, which is a mechanism that ensures compliance with EU data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union to the United States. You can learn more about Privacy Shield here: www.privacyshield.gov/welcome
Your Consent and Rights of Access
I will collect and store information about you with your consent. You provide me with your consent by choosing to provide your personal details as detailed above in the 'Personal data that I collect from you' section, when you use my service and by reading and agreeing to this Policy.
You can change your mind or remove or add your consent at any time.
- You have the right of access to your personal records or other information that I hold about you. There is no administrative charge for this service.
- You have the right to rectify any errors in the data I hold about you. If any data or information I hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, please contact me and I will correct this immediately.
- You have the right to have the data I hold about you erased.
- If you wish me to continue to store your information but keep your data separate and not process it in any way, please let me know.
- You have the right to ask me to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- You have the right to data portability. If you wish to obtain your data for your own purposes across different services, I will provide this information to you in a CSV file. There is no administrative charge for this service.
To revise your consent, access, amend or remove your records or assert any of your rights set out above, please contact me. You may need to provide proof of identity, and you will need to specify the personal data you want access to, amended or removed.
How long I will store your data
I retain a record of your data to provide you with a high quality of service. I will only retain your data in accordance with the law and will only retain it for as long as is necessary. The data may be deleted in the following circumstances:
- You have withdrawn your consent to data processing;
- The original purpose for processing the data is no longer relevant or cannot be performed any more;
- The data is no longer up to date or accurate.
Cookies are small files stored on a visitors computer. There are two types - 'session cookies', that are maintained for the duration of a browsing session, and then destroyed when the user closes the browser window, or 'persistent cookies', which are saved on a users' hard drive in order to identify either the user, or information about the user, the next time they log onto a website.
If you have further questions on this policy, please contact me.